Thursday, August 27, 2009

I should check on Fern McFern no later than this weekend

I don't know who to reach out to at a time like this. It has been a really Ruff week for me. First, the loss of Dominick Dunne had left me shaky and now I just heard that Tarra Slovan, a vital member of this blog collective, was found almost dead in her Napa cottage. The really sad thing is that if it weren't for the recyling company seeking to get her bottles and cans, she'd be dead. No one from the various organizations which she vocally supports even noticed as no checks were due till the end of the month and she fell on August 14th. One more day or if she was thinner, and she would have starved to death. I spoke to her this afternoon now that they've restored her liquids and whatnot and she seemed kind of bitter than not even her cats seemed to make an effort to alert ... anyone. This is really upsetting and makes me wonder about loads of things. But, it is Abbey night and Suzzanne and Rick are taking me out to cheer me up because this just about broke my spirit.

So, I'm going to be a good boy and try to cheer up but I just want to send my deepest regrets and warmest wishes to Tarra and to let her know that though I really haven't had a chance to connect with her off-blog I've come to the point that if she did indeed die I would take off work(if I wasn't unemployed)

Gee, life is precious, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment