Saturday, September 26, 2009

Here to meet my blogging obligations

Hey,
It's the weekend and so I'm blogging. I'm not that into it, to be honest. But, I very much need constancy and structure and a means of expression other than grunting when I do crunches. LOL.

I've been betrayed and abandoned, actually. My homophobic family are all at a reunion in Missoula, and once again guess who's invitation got lost in the mail? you guessed it. I used to get invited and I was more of an activist back then. My dad said that at the 2003 reunion I kept insisting that my grandma was a closeted lesbian and then I supposely got drunk and called grandma a carpet muncher. You guessed it, since 2003 I've been blacklisted. With e-mail and texting "lost in the mail" is just not realistic.
I lived in the Castro from 2004-2008 and had a large circle of queer friends and the social swing and non stop barebacking served to make me forgot the rejection of my family. But, now in WEHO and all my friends in gay marriages or dead and no family... I'm bumming, that's a fact.

I went to the Abbey on Thursday night and failed to connect to anyone special, but I did enjoy the calamari and penne with vodka sauce. I didn't want the penne to clash --so I had a vodka tonic and it was ok but I was too full to get a buzz.

Still unemployed and I broke down and cried when I saw that IHOP was hiring and I felt as if I should apply.

I'm working on a new cabaret act about the recession and it's FUN but since my other cabaret act in silverlake tanked I've been skittish about following my dreams.

Oh yeah, Went to Marix in WEHO last Tuesday and got an enchilada platter... and diareah. Ha. I'm serious, this is the last time i go there even though the bartender is super hot.

What else? Fern McFern has become intolerable since she gets over 100 hits a day and we now have a strictly business relationship. Tarra is healing up and her doc says she'll be able to blog as early as tomorrow. Yay!

Since tommorow is also the weekend I might share some of my thoughs or report on the blue cheese burger I had at Hamburger Marys. But, please don't expect it as my coping mechanism is pretty much NOT WORKING and pressure of any kind is unwelcome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about your coping problems, Zack, but I don't appreciate you saying how I've become "intolerable" I'm sorry that you haven't been getting that many hits but it seems that talking about what a gaping asshole Harris Wittels is the key to blog success.Please try to communicate with me before blasting me on you blog. I did in good faith give you a spot and you get more hits than most because of it so ... you know. Apologies will be accepted.

    Fern M.( Zack, we've got to figure out a way to have tarra's name stop showing up as ours, don't you think?)

    ReplyDelete